Software Developer of Pakistan - Sadaf Zohra
by Maheen Safdar
Sadaf Zohra-Female Back-end Software Developer of Pakistan
Sadaf Zohra - Software Developer from Pakistan, is engaged in Backend Software Development, a very challenging field for females in Pakistan.
Name: Sadaf Zohra
Expertise: Software Development
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Software Developer Sadaf Zohra-Interview
1. An insight on your profession/business?
I am software developer, working in a corporate sector for a while now. I work on a backend and I am the only female developer in my company. And I am proud of that.
2. How long have you been in this profession?
It has been more than two years; I am working as a backend software developer.
3. What has been your vision and what do you most love about your job/business?
Being a developer, the most important part is to be relaxed and for that I get flexible hours. I have an understanding boss who isn't bossy at all. The best thing about my job is the people around me - we are like a family now.
4. What do you think is your biggest achievement throughout your professional journey?
I guess being financially independent is one of the best things that has ever happened to me through this job. And a lot of people back in my graduation used to say that girls don't really get to become developer and I proved them wrong and I am happy about it.
5. What are your current projects and plans in the near future?
Currently I am pursuing my development qualifications and soon after I plan on starting my own company. This has been my lifelong dream and I guess it won't only be an IT company but I will definitely educate females on standing for your own dreams.
6. A word of advice you would like to pass on to working professionals who wish to pursue their careers.
Keep struggling and don't stop. Just step out of your comfort zone and you will see what it can bring you. I use the quote that "everything will be so good so soon just keep calm and hang in there"
7. Why do you want to start your own business?
It's my dream to have an IT company of my own and also to help the women in my department to flourish and work towards their dream, I think its best that we work together instead of struggling alone without any direction its good in some cases but not in many.
8. What goals did you have in mind when you started? Have you reached them?
When someone talks about goals the first thing that pops up in my head is - life is too short to achieve all of them, it's a long way to go and I am only half way there.
9. Is there something you do out of your job?
Yes, another part time job! I am also a developer on my second job. I usually take online trainings whenever I get a little free time, as it's the demand of my field that you have to grow along with growing technology and you know how technology is forwarding day by day.
10. How many hours a week do you work?
More than 65 hours. I rarely get any free time for myself. But sometimes I try to make time for myself and family.
11. What sacrifices have you had to make to be successful?
I have sacrificed my family time. Family is something that has always stood by my side - be it parents or siblings I have only received best wishes and support throughout my life and my career
12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
I see myself as the CEO of my own IT Company and helping thousands of women to excel in their careers and stand on their own feet for their own dreams.
Connect with Sadaf Zohra on Instagram