Events for Women
Events for Women of Pakistan- Exhibitions, Seminars and Trade Delegations
Events for women - such as exhibitions and workshops, conferences and seminars as well as trade delegation participation - help businesses to increase sales and develop new business partners.
There have been several initiatives in this regard with a focus on women entrepreneurs. These initiatives are mostly sponsored by the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) in collaboration with the trade associations and similar organizations, as representative groups for women.
The success of these exhibitions/conferences is based on the participants being prepared and the promotion of the same through several effective channels.
Events for Women - Types of Events for Women
There are several types of events that are held for different purposes, we will be covering the following types:
- Conferences and Seminars
- Exhibitions and Trade Shows
- Trade Delegations
Events for Women-Conferences, Seminars, Trade Delegations and Exhibitions
Events for Women - Prepare and succeed
At MizLink-Pakistan, our endeavor is to provide all preparatory assistance so that the participants are able to achieve maximum benefit out of these. An ill-planned or poorly prepared participation does not help in business development. New entrants into business or profession are not aware of what the target audience expects of them. Veterans in the field provide mentoring to the new participants in the several aspects that require months of pre-planning.
Under the relevant head below you will learn about various events taking place in Pakistan and in the international markets as and when they happen.
Events for Women - Events held in Pakistan
- International Women's Day was commemorated this year under the aegis of WHO. The event marked the 25th Anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform of Action of the Fourth United World Conference on Women: Action for Equality, Development and Peace. The Declaration represented a call for action for governments and stakeholders, including United Nations agencies and civil society on gender equality and women empowerment. Twelve areas of action under the Declaration were identified for women's empowerment constituting key health-related human rights. (source: WHO)
- Arts Council of Pakistan held the Women’s Conference 2020 in March this year.
- National Women’s Day 2020: Karachi event discusses measures to end gender-based violence - The event is celebrated as National Women’s Day, where women from every working sector of Pakistan are acknowledged on the basis of their accomplishments and vision. (source: geoTV)
- British Pakistan Foundation - The British Pakistan Foundation hosts events for professional women on a platform where support, skills and stories define a new way of engagement. From banking and finance to fashion and art, the Women’s Program is made up of experts, senior professionals and women at the top of their game across the spectrum of industry sectors; these inspirational voices create and encourage a powerful narrative where historically, there have been no voices. (source: British Pakistan Foundation)
- UN Women -Asia and Pacific - Webinar on "Impact of COVID-19 on Women Entrepreneurship: Challenges and Opportunities"
How to ensure the needs of women entrepreneurs are an integral component of the global efforts to respond to COVID-19. July 2020 (source: UN Women website).